Ensuring affordable and quality healthcare to the population is a priority for the government and the government is committed to achieving zero TB deaths and therefore India needs to re-strategize to end TB by 2025,” JP Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare said at a function on the occasion of ‘World TB Day’, in New Delhi on Friday.
- Mar 25, 2017/ RM BureauTo bridge the huge infrastructure gap, India will need much more participation from the private sector and for these conventional modes of healthcare funding will need to be aided by innovative modes funding to improve healthcare investments in India, reveals a NATHEALTH-PwC Report which was released in New Delhi on Friday at NATEv2017, an annual seminar organized by the Healthcare Federation o
- The Government of Sikkim has proposed to Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and Union Ministry of Food Processing to enhance subsidy relating to food processing, logistics and post harvesting to a minimum of Rs 100 crores for entire north east including Sikkim to promote industrial activities in these areas, Khorlo Bhutia, Principal
- Greening the wood energy sector holds a vast potential for reducing global greenhouse gas emissions and improving rural livelihoods, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) said in Rome on the occasion of the UN's International Day of Forests recently.
- In the wake of a severe drought in Kenya which has affected 2.7 million people very badly, International Crops Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) as a leading partner has launched a 13-episode Smart Food Reality TV Show to popularise healthy and drought tolerant foods in the African country. This is a result of a collaboration between scientists and media.
- In India, adoption of advanced business digital technologies can lead to increase in revenues by up to 27 percent, increase in employment by up to 84 percent and enhanced access to international ma
- Mar 09, 2017/ RM BureauIn order to empower the women farmers in India, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has decided to celebrate 15th October of every year as Women Farmer's Day.