In a major boost to the irrigation potential of farmers of East Champaran, leading agri-business company Syngenta, with support from Syngenta Foundation India, has launched a community irrigation infrastructure development programme through its CSR funds to commemorate 100 years of Mahatma Gandhi's Champaran Satyagraha.
- Apr 27, 2017/ RM BureauThough the government has come out with a National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy to promote a robust intellectual property (IP) environment across India, we need an ecosystem to take a good idea to a logical end even before it is commercialised, Union Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu said at an ASSOCHAM event held in New Delhi on Wednesday night.
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Radha Mohan Singh today said that the central government is giving priority to agriculture sector by allocating maximum funds for the farmers’ welfare and Price Stabilisation Fund has now been raised from Rs 500 crore to Rs 1,500 crore.
- Urgent action is needed to save the lives of people facing famine in northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen, José Graziano da Silva, Director General, United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said at the opening of the UN agency's Council in Rome.
- Apr 21, 2017/ RM BureauThe Centre will be releasing more than 2 lakh crore rupees - under 14th Finance Commission - to Gram Panchayats for 5 years to undertake physical and social infrastructure projects in the villages.
- Apr 18, 2017/ RM BureauThe Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast that the monsoon seasonal rainfall in 2017 is likely to be 96 percent of the Long Period Average (LPA) with an error of ± 5 percent.
- Apr 11, 2017/ Mohd MustaquimSuperStartUps India, a platform to recognise the innovation and efforts of the start-ups in the country, today announced its first ever winners.
- Apr 10, 2017/ RM BureauIn a major development in ensuring security at the sea, the ICAR- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (ICAR-CMFRI), Kochi has developed a GIS-based database about the marine fish landing ce