Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) recently unveiled Khadi India’s official e-commerce site eKhadiIndia.com. The website catalogues over 50,000 products under more than 500 varieties and various categories of locally made Khadi and Village Industries products. The portal is a step towards building an ecosystem that enables micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to help achieve the goal of “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
During the trial launch of the portal, AK Sharma, Secretary, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) mentioned that the interest of our weavers, artisans, craftsmen and farmers has always been our top priority. At the same time, eco-friendly and authentic Khadi and traditional village industry products made by them have always remained close to the heart of people of India. Now, those products are just a click away. Portal would fulfill the customer’s needs and supply the products at their doorsteps. For last few months, we have been pushing all limits to create an ecosystem for withstanding the challenges of COVID. The e-commerce portal of KVIC is the result of our persistent work in that direction.
Vinai Kumar Saxena, Chairman, KVIC during the launch function informed that ekhadiindia.com is the first of its kind government online shopping platform to boost rural economy and become self-sustainable. There has been a steady rise in demands for Khadi and Village Industries products over the last few years with 2018-2019 alone witnessing the surge of 25 percent. Chairman KVIC added that this move was mainly intended to make natural Khadi India products easily accessible to the new generation consumers.
The products range from apparel, grocery, cosmetics, home décor, health and wellness products, essentials and gifts. Cashing on the growing shift towards natural products, especially by the new generation consumers, KVIC is up for giving it all for repositioning India’s legendary brand Khadi. The portal is also an answer to the call of youth demographics who prefer online shopping over offline shopping.
The Key components of ekhadiindia.com that sets it apart from other online e-commerce platforms;
- Exclusively focuses on Khadi and Villages Industries products.
- Authentic Khadi Trade Mark products will be available only through this portal.It’s built on an ecosystem where any SME, artisans and weavers can directly sell their products thus driving the country towards digital India and “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- The ekhadiindia.com website is at par with any other modern technology rich e-commerce portal.
- Portal has also features of bulk orders and direct sellers registration.
- A huge platform for all the stakeholders in integration with KVIC, Khadi & Village Industry Boards (KVIB), Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI), MSME, entrepreneurs and support to new MSMEs, PMEGP units under the umbrella of KVIC. Here institutions and units can directly sell and ship products to the customers.
Customer care facility; all refund policy.
- More than 50,000 users can use the portal at single point of time.
- Social media compatibility.
- Available in both website and mobile app versions.
- Digitised payment ecosystem.
- Has pan India reach across 2400+ cities and 25,600 towns from 29 states.
- Last mile delivery.
- Launched with a wide range of 1500+ products across various consumer verticals.