Celebrating 25 years of growing partnership, the multi-faceted relations between India and Israel continue to expand in every direction. Through academic and governmental programs, Indian students and professionals are offered unique scholarships and training programs in Israel ranging from Cyber and Technology, to Agriculture, Education, Women’s Empowerment and Startups.
As the relations between India and Israel deepen, focusing on areas of mutual interest, countless opportunities to share knowledge and experience are sprouting up between the countries.
Speaking on the programs, Ambassador Daniel Carmon said: “Higher Education is one of the up-and-coming fields of cooperation between India and Israel. Education is the foundation for every other field India and Israel have identified as of mutual interest and benefit.”
“Programs such as these bring together the brilliant minds of India and Israel, create more bridges between our peoples, and provide a golden opportunity to create joint solutions to the challenges shared by India, Israel and the entire world,” he added.
Among the many opportunities for Indian students in Israel, Tel-Aviv University is offering two summer tracks in Israel for excellent Indian students currently enrolled in Indian academic institutions. Under unique Israeli Government Sponsorship, excelling Indian students can receive a partial scholarship for the Cyber Security summer program and a full scholarship for the Food Safety and Security Summer Institute.
In addition to academic programs, the Israeli Government via MASHAV (Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation) is offering a range of courses to Indian professionals in varying fields. The programs taking place in the first half of 2017 are:
- Agribusiness: A Tool for the Empowerment of Rural Women
- Professional Development for In-Service Teachers
- Climate Change & Agriculture
- Renewable Energy as a Catalyst for Regional Development
- Addressing the Urbanization Challenge
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Political and Economic Aspects of Women’s Empowerment
- Food Security & Grain Storage – Technologies and Management
- Startup Accelerators in the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem