|Related Category:||Sub Category:|
Leading public sector bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) felicitated the beneficiaries of its Rural Self Employment Training Institute (RSETI) programme in Tanjore Tamil Nadu. The Bank celebrated its successful completion of training more than 77,000 young rural candidates out of which 50,180 were women and the rest were men.
The Bank under the directives of Ministry of Rural Development has established RSETI institutes in 12 districts of Tamil Nadu namely Kanyakumari, Karur, Kotagiri, Mayiladuthurai, Perembalur, Pudukottai, Ramanathapuram, Thanjavur, Trichy, Tirunelveli, Tiruvarur and Virudhnagar. The initiative is to provide in-depth training to underprivileged rural youth to be financially independent and live financially secured lives.
Objectives of imparting skill development under RSETI
- To provide short-term residential self-employment training programmes with free food and accommodation to rural youth so that they can take up self-employment initiatives and skill up-gradation for running their micro-enterprises successfully
- To provide handholding support to the trained youth for two years for the sustainability of micro-enterprise including credit linkage
- To provide training which is demand-driven after assessment of the aptitude of the candidates
- Giving priority to rural youth belonging to below-poverty-line (BPL) families while selecting the candidates
- Trainings like tailoring, carpentry, dairy farming, fish farming enables the trainees to jump start with their micro enterprises and sustain their living through self-employment.
Anyone between the age of 18-45 years, having a minimum educational qualification of 8th standard belonging to poor economic background like SECC (Socio Economic Caste Census) household and BPL families can undertake the training. The duration of the trainings adhere to the Common Norms Notification guidelines of 200 hours and 80 hours for re-skilled programmes. The trainers are selected from a panel of qualified and experienced persons and practitioners in respective vocation as domain and guest faculty for skill training. The RSETI staff handholds all trainees for two years after the completion of the course to ensure sustainable livelihood.